June 19, 2022, 2:10 p.m. HST
* Updated June 17, 12:46 p.m.
The non-profit organization Maui Cancer Resources is hosting the “Growing Stronger Cancer Support” workshop on July 16 at St. Theresa’s Church in Kīhei.
The workshop is free for all cancer patients and runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch, coffee, tea and snacks will be provided. Donations are welcome. The deadline for registration is July 10. To register click here.
Maui Cancer Resources is hosting this workshop as part of its “DayTreat” series. They include a variety of helpful topics including: relationships, financial stress, and managing cancer symptoms.
These workshops keep you on the path to health and wellness and help you better manage your cancer journey. Reducing stress is a very important part of building resilience and toughness when life gets tough, and having a community to share deeply is essential to healing, according to the organization’s press release.
- Session 1 with Carl Powell: Awareness of movement, conversation with your body, moving and meditating, journaling what has been learned and connecting with the body and self.
- Session 2 with Wendy MacDonald: Revitalizing areas that need help.
- Session 3 with Claudia Micco: Three different styles of quieting the mind, three different mindfulness meditations/exercises. Environmental awareness. Hawaiian mantras.
- Session 4 with Carl Powell and Wendy MacDonald: Medical Qigong for Healing, using the Emotional Freedom Technique to remove blockages, contact your body to find solutions.
- Session 5 Roundtable with Claudio Micco, Carl Powell, Wendy MacDonald and Dr. B: Insights from Thich Nhat Hanh with peace and healing at every step. Make peace with yourself. Recap of the program, exchange of ideas and evaluations.
For more information, call 808-866-6155 or email [email protected] Remember to check your spam filter if you don’t see a confirmation email from Maui Cancer Resources by July 12.