Are you an artist or someone who wants to learn how to grow a creative business? If so, the 4th annual Artpreneur workshop is for you!
A conference for creatives, the fourth annual Artpreneur workshop will take place on Friday June 17th and Saturday June 18th. An artists’ reception and social evening on Friday featuring renowned artist Rene Dickerson and other Fayette artists highlights the activities planned for this year.
The two-day virtual and in-person event for creatives is presented by Fine Arts and Crafts Entrepreneurs (FAACE). The goal is to share ideas and techniques, explore emerging trends and sharpen business acumen.
The event is open to anyone interested in advancing in the arts or learning more about selling what you create. Musicians, crafters, visual artists, designers, writers, inventors, and more will find help starting a business, selling your work, building an online presence, building a brand, and more tips for success.
Participants will learn from leading artists in their fields as well as from each other through workshops and discussions. Topics and speakers featured include:
- How the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) can help youpresented by Kim Knight, SBDC Director
- Trademark or not, what a writer needs to knowpresented by New York Times bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon
- How Creativity and Innovation Can Trigger Successpresented by Jason Bass
- How to Photograph Your Work for Amazon and Etsypresented by Roger Sibaja, from Gobi Photography
- How to Create Multiple Streams of Income From Your Music Talentwith Justin Clay, Fine Arts Director of Music from the Heart
- Opportunities and trends in the film industrywith Claudette Didul, set designer for “Mad Men” and “How to Get Away with Murder”
- Grant programs and how artists can use them, with Tin a
Lilly, Director Georgia Council of the Arts (GCA)
- Tips for marketing your creationspresented by Jason Muldrow of Muldrow Marketing
- Estate planning for the artistpresented by Tanieka Thompson
- Painting and animation techniquespresented by Mike Dillard of Mike D. Animation Studio
- How to Use Your Art for Healing and How to Become Certified as an Art Healing Facilitatorpresented by Lei Rhyne
- How to Write Your Artist Statementwith Joyce Beverly, Founder of My Storyographer
Other opportunities will include:
- Professional headshots on site with Ana Lombardi
- paint and pour with Urban Exotic Warehouse
- Artist Statement Workshop with Joyce Beverly
- Painted Rock Scavenger Hunt with Enchanted PTC (Saturday only)
- Free entry to the Friday Night Art Show and Social featuring renowned artist Rene Dickerson as well as some of Fayette’s finest artists. This part of the conference is scheduled from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Attendees will enjoy live music, food and fun at this event.
The 2022 Artpreneur Workshop begins Friday, June 17, with registration at noon and workshops and talks continuing until 5:30 p.m. Activities resume on Saturday, June 18 at 9 a.m. and conclude with a Dream Team panel at 4 p.m.
Tickets for the two-day event are $59 for in-person tickets, $25 for virtual attendance. FAACE members receive a discount for the workshop and can attend the virtual sessions for free.
The event will take place at Crowne Plaza, 201 Aberdeen Parkway, Peachtree City. For more information send an e-mail [email protected]or click here to visit the FAACE website.