Workshop method

Department of Cardiology Holds Cardiac Intervention Workshop – Jammu and Kashmir Latest News | Tourism

HoD Cardiology GMC Jammu Dr Sushil Sharma with the team after the workshop on Saturday.

Excelsior Correspondent
Jammu, April 9: Worldwide, 8-10 out of every 1,000 live births have congenital heart disease. In India, one child in a hundred is born with congenital heart disease. The estimated number of children born with congenital heart disease in India is over 2 lakh per year. Of these, 20% are born with serious heart disease, meaning they need some form of intervention within the first month of life to survive. Of the remaining 80% we have major heart conditions that should be treated at one year of age and the rest electively as per guidelines. A significant number of older children who survive despite being untreated add to the burden of coronary heart disease each year. The cause of congenital heart disease is multifactorial. Genetic factors play a role and they can be syndromic or chromosomal.
This has been established by HOD Cardiology GMC & SSH Jammu, Dr Sushil Sharma.
Currently, we have between 60 and 70 centers in the country that perform pediatric cardiac procedures. These centers treat approximately 27,000 patients with coronary artery disease each year. A large majority still need to be assisted as well. Although pediatric cardiac care has improved in India, there is still a lot to be done. Considering all these factors, a class art workshop was held today at SSH Jammu Cardiology Department under the supervision of Dr. Sushil Sharma, Head of Cardiology Department, Dr. Nasir Ali Choudhary and Dr. Rohit Manoj, one of the leading interventional pediatricians. cardiologist from North India.
During this workshop, in addition to imparting knowledge to medical and paramedical personnel, eight pediatric cardiac procedures including closure of devices for ASD, PDA and BMV were successfully performed at the same level as any pediatric cardiac center in the national or global level.
The main objective of this workshop was to provide state of the art pediatric cardiac intervention facilities to needy patients who cannot travel to other centers in the country to avail of these facilities and this time it was made possible for patients from Jammu region with joint efforts of Dr. Rohit Manoj and SSH Jammu Cardiology department headed by Dr. Sushil Sharma. With the success of this workshop, the department plans to do this type of procedure regularly in the future to provide affordable and equitable health care for all.

Previous postDogri song ‘Mera Shehar Akhnoor’ released
Next postRavinder Raina inaugurates Bhandara, TFWHNM raises issues

The main daily newspaper in Jammu and Kashmir, India